I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a very happy Nowrooz! As the Persian New Year, Nowrooz is a time of renewal, hope, and joy. It is a time to reflect on the past year and to look forward to the new one with optimism and positivity.
Nowrooz has a rich history that dates back over 3,000 years. Legend has it that Nowrooz was created by the prophet Zoroaster, who believed that the arrival of spring represented the triumph of good over evil. Nowrooz was originally celebrated in the ancient kingdom of Persia and has since spread throughout the world as a celebration of the new year.
One of the key traditions of Nowrooz is the setting of the Haft-Seen table. This table is set with seven items that begin with the Persian letter “sin”, which represents health and happiness. These items include:
- Sabzeh (wheat, barley, or lentil sprouts) representing rebirth and growth
- Samanu (a sweet pudding made from wheat germ) representing affluence
- Senjed (the dried fruit of the lotus tree) representing love
- Sir (garlic) representing medicine and health
- Sib (apples) representing beauty and health
- Somaq (sumac berries) representing the color of the sunrise
- Serkeh (vinegar) representing age and patience
In addition to the Haft-Seen table, there are many other traditions associated with Nowrooz, including the practice of spring cleaning, the exchange of gifts, and the preparation of special meals.
As we celebrate Nowrooz, let us take the opportunity to reflect on the past year and to look forward to the new one with hope and joy. May this new year bring you and your loved ones health, happiness, and prosperity. Once again, happy Nowrooz!
امیدوارم امسال سال خوبی برای همه شما عزیزان بوده باشهArsalan Ahmadi