Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

How to apply student concessions on your GO card

Hello everyone,

I’ve noticed some students encountering issues while applying for their student concession on their Go card. Here, I’ll explain how you can do it successfully.

First, purchase an adult Go card from a Go card retailer. You can find a retailer near you by visiting this link: (

Next, register your Go card by visiting the Translink page at ( Click on the green button to complete your registration.

Once registered, navigate to the ‘My Details’ tab to submit your concession application.

Keep in mind, you can apply for the concession without registering your Go card. However, if you choose this option, you won’t be able to track your payments and trips.

To apply for a concession without registering your Go card, use this link: (

Please note: It’s important to update your home address in your university account to an Australian address.


Once you have applied:

  • We will let you know by SMS or email if you are eligible within 14 days.
  • If you are eligible, concession fares will be activated on your go card when you next tap on.
  • If you are not eligible, you will need to travel on adult fares.

Also want to travel on concession fares in regional Queensland? Call us on 13 12 30 to apply for a tertiary concession sticker to be posted to you. You’ll need concession fares applied to your go card to be eligible for regional travel.

Leave a comment